“Restoring Women Through Christ”
We are a safe, welcoming place for women and their children to call home
We need your support!
The Douglas County Shelter (DCS) is a temporary housing facility for single women and women with children that offers overnight shelter and residential discipleship programs. Our emergency shelter and transitional housing can serve up to 23 women and women with children. We are committed to serving women and their children in a safe and supportive environment.
Over the years, we have received tremendous support from many local churches and businesses, helping us to update and maintain our facilities to ensure that they are clean and comfortable so that women and children can relax and recover from the crisis of homelessness. The comfort and beauty of our facility is a reflection of the care our community has for everyone living here.
We connect our clients with the following life-enriching resources:
- Budget counseling and housing counseling
- Life skills development including parenting and conflict resolution
- Spiritual guidance and the opportunity to participate in Bible Study
- Access to skills training and GED completion services
- Needed referrals to partner organizations